Internet-accessible climate controls in ecosmart house
Benefits of Internet-accessible Climate Controls in the ecosmart House Project include:
- Intelligent climate control technology, previously only used in large-scale commercial buildings, now in a residential application.
- Balances all aspects of the home environment: from forced-air to radiant systems incorporating real-time weather data, a statistical database, and established rules that result in an ideal climate for the home environment.
- User-friendly, browser-based panels that incorporate the science of climate control and optimize operations.
- Allows homeowner to reduce personal energy consumption.
- Increases human well-being and comfort.
- Reduces CO2 emissions.
- Reduction in the cost of operation of HVAC and other mechanical systems through implementation of strategic profiles.
- Elimination of mechanical room wall controls, ongoing maintenance and replacement costs.
- Ease of installation and subsequent reduction in cost of installation.
- Possible application of tax credits for Green products based on local, state, and federal regulations.
- Upgrade to new control strategies and capabilities via software updates instead of hardware changes.